26 April 2021
As another season begins, a little late but better late than never, we would like to welcome you back to Orchard House Bed and Breakfast from May 1st.
At Orchard House, we have always had the highest cleaning standards possible. As the coronavirus continues to impact the world, we will continue to use the additional cleaning precautions and measures we implemented last year to ensure you feel safe and secure when staying with us.
These precautions cover all aspects of our operations, including breakfast service, guest room and common area housekeeping and sanitation, and supplement our already rigorous processes. We are confident that these extra cleaning steps and precautions make Orchard House Bed & Breakfast a safe place to stay so that you can enjoy your time in the beautiful Isle of Skye.
As a guest, please do your part to minimize transmission risks by social distancing from those not in your household, using the provided hand sanitizer on arrival, on departure, and before entering the Dining Room, and using a facemask while in the halls and on the stairs
- on arrival we will greet you from a safe distance of 2m (6 feet)
- facemasks should be worn by everyone
- use the hand sanitizer located in the front porch before entering
Dinner at the B&B
There are many terrific restaurants in Portree and on the Isle of Skye, many within a 15-minute walk from the B&B, but we understand that you may not want to eat at a restaurant every meal.
- we can recommend great take-out places locally
- you are welcome to eat in our Dining Room and we can supply you with plates, glassware and cutlery
- leftovers cannot be stored in our fridge
Breakfast is served in our Dining Room from 7am – 8:30am and we will continue to offer freshly made-to-order breakfasts prepared with local ingredients customized to your dietary needs.
- complete the breakfast order form and return it to us by 10pm the night before
- minimum distance between breakfast tables is at least 1.5m
- use hand sanitizer before collecting any items from the breakfast buffet. All items on the breakfast buffet (juices, cereals, & yoghurts) are served in individual sized portions to minimise handling and contamination
Guest use of our family kitchen for any type of cooking or food preparation is not allowed.
The microwave in the Dining Room is for occasional guest use and will be regularly sanitized.
Kitchen sanitation procedures include:
- a high-temperature dishwasher cycle is used to sanitize all dishes, silverware, and glassware
- surfaces cleaned and sanitized before and after every breakfast
Daily Guest Room Housekeeping Service
Regular daily housekeeping service has been discontinued at this time unless specifically requested.
- for trash & recycling removal, place the bin outside of your room
- to request fresh towels, place the dirty towels in the laundry bag (found in the bottom drawer of your dressing table/desk) and leave it outside your door. Clean towels will be delivered to your room while you are out
- place the “please service my room” sign on your door handle if you require a full room service: fresh cups & saucers, replenished teas & coffees, replenished toiletries and toilet paper, vacuuming, etc . Please note we will not make your beds or touch your personal belongings
- common areas like the Dining Room will be cleaned and sanitized daily
- high touch items such as door handles, banisters and door jams are cleaned several times each day
- windows will be opened as much as possible, weather permitting
- use the hand sanitizer or wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds under hot water when you arrive back in your guest room and before you leave again
Check out & Billing
- leave your bedroom windows open
- all credit card payments will be processed safely
Every time a guest checks out:
- all windows are opened and left for 1 hour before cleaning commences
- all bedding is removed (sheets, pillows, pillowcases, pillow protectors, mattress protectors, duvets and duvet covers.) Linens are washed on a 60 degree C washing cycle with a sanitizer
- pillows and duvets will be rotated and stored for 72 hours, and sanitized before reuse
- beds are remade with clean and sanitized linens
- all hard surfaces in guest rooms are cleaned and sanitized, paying close attention to frequently touched areas – door handles, light switches, drawer knobs, window handles, and TV remote controls
- extra pillows and blankets are now only available by request
We have always taken great care in cleaning the ensuite bathrooms in each of our guest rooms. During these times, we have added an additional step with an approved sanitizing agent.
- all bathroom basins, taps, counters, showers, shower doors, and handles are sanitized after they are cleaned
- all surfaces on the toilet and the toilet paper holder are cleaned and sanitized
- partially used toilet paper rolls are always replaced with new, full rolls after every guest check out
- all bathroom floors are vacuumed, then hot water washed and sanitized
- guest towels are washed in-house on a 60 degree Celsius cycle with a non-scented, non-biological laundry detergent then dried on high heat in our tumble dryer. We do not use fabric softener
Once cleaned to our high standards, each guest room will be sealed and will remain closed until the next guest checks in.
We hope that by laying out these procedures you will have peace of mind that we are doing all we can to minimise any risk of COVID-19 transmission. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us
Emma, Lance & family